Every year or so we change up our dog food. This time around we had to do it because they quit making what we were feeding our dogs. We feed our dogs a high quality kibble and raw. It was our raw dog food that was discontinued. We decided to try Primal since we knew it was an excellent product and they had a formula our dogs could eat.
Primal Pet Foods has been around since 2001. They manufacture their foods in San Francisco, CA, using only human-grade foods. They make a variety of products, but we like Primal Pronto because of its formula. Our one dog, Dakota can't eat a raw that is 95% protein, which most raws are formulated. Pronto is only 78% protein which works out well for him. The other 22% of Pronto is made from produce. For additional information on Primal Pronto Chicken formula, check Primal's website.
We use Primal Pronto as a topper on their kibble. The Pronto formula is made into a small nugget which you can scoop and serve. It thaws in 4 minutes, but we wait a little longer. The scent and taste must be great as they are happy to eat it!